Elder’s Smith Chocolate Maple Pie
This incredible pie was totally created by accident (which I think most great things are). Elder Smith was making this pie to auction off at a Young Women’s fundraiser for Girls Camp, when he realize he didn’t have any vanilla extract. With little cooking supplies in his cupboard he substituted maple instead. Voilà! His creation is simply decadent! Not only will friends and family be singing your praises L O O K….at how easy this pie is to make! Shhh that can remain our secret lol.
Bake 350° for 45 mins.
- 1 unbaked pie crust 9 inch (not deep dish)
- 2 stick of butter
- 4 squares Baker’s chocolate (semi-sweet) or 2/3 cup semi sweet chocolate chips or 1/2 c. cocoa (I used the semi sweet chips)
- 2 cup of sugar (increase sugar to 1 ½ if using unsweetened cocoa)
- 4 eggs (beaten)
- 1 tsp. maple
- Dash of salt
- Melt butter and chocolate, mix with other ingredients, which have been blended together.
- Pour into a pie shell and bake