For the Crust
*I bought a chocolate Keebler pie crust
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into tablespoons
- 8 ounces Nabisco Chocolate Wafers finely ground in a food processor to make 2 cups of crumbs
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup cold heavy cream
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup salted roasted peanuts, chopped (I used caramel flavored peanuts)
Instructions Bake 375°
Crust for 10 mins.
~ Combine the chocolate and butter,
~ Microwave mixture at high power check every 20-seconds until the chocolate is just melted.
~ Stir well, then stir in the cookie crumbs.
~ Press the cookie crumbs evenly over the bottom and up the rim of a 9-inch pan with a removable bottom.
~ Beat the cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar and vanilla together.
~ Whip the heavy cream until firm.
~ Fold half of the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture to loosen it, then fold in the remaining whipped cream.
~ Spoon the filling into the crust, smoothing the surface.
~ Refrigerate uncovered for about 1 hour.
~ Combine chocolate with the heavy cream.
~ Microwave at high power check every 20 until the chocolate is just melted.
~ Stir the chocolate topping until blended, then let cool till warm.
~ Spread the chocolate topping over the chilled peanut butter filling.
~ Sprinkle the chopped peanuts on top of the pie.
Chill uncovered in refrigerator for 3 more hours.