INGREDIENTS Bake 400 for 45-50 mins.
- Single Crust Pie Shell
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 4 1/2 cups frozen unsweetened pitted tart red cherries
- 3/4 cup frozen red raspberries
- 3/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2teaspoon lemon zest
- 1teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into small pieces
~ Mix sugar, cornstarch and cherries.
~ Cook and stir over medium heat until bubbly.
~ Add raspberries and blueberries. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
~ Cook for 1 min. after the filling starts to bubble.
~ Remove from heat. Stir in lemon zest, lemon juice and almond extract.
~ Mix flour, both sugars, the brown sugar and salt.
~ Slice butter in small pats.
~ Cut butter into the rest of the topping mixture until crumbly.
~ Transfer cherry mixture to the pie plate.
~ Sprinkle crumb mixture over cherry mixture.
~ Add foil Bake in a 400 degrees oven for 25 minutes.
~ Remove foil. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes .